Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Chris Mullin "Thank You"

You know, when I first heard the news that the Golden State Warriors were not going to extend Chris Mullins contract I was honestly dissapointed with the franchise for making this decision.
I grew up watching Mullin play, succeed and recover from his alcohol abuse. For those fans who know about him and his history, I can only say this, sometimes the owners and or bosses have no clue what they are doing, maybe you have a boss at work who is in charge only because they have a piece of paper that says they have a degree or are in charge by default. The only way to run a franchise, business, or any other organization is to be on the front lines, to really know what players needs and wants are, to have that communication with the coach. Granted, Nellie loves to be in control of the whole thing but in this case I think the owners are really making a mistake at this point in the Warriors current roster. I believe the team has a really good shot at Making it a 40+ season next year, they have good talent, a decent bench and would benefit from a trade and or the draft. Chris Mullin I know would have made the right decisions with the upcoming draft and trades. I think what hurts the most is the fact that Mullin is widely respected by the local fans, two years ago he made his presence known, maybe not by speaking a load but by casually walking the stadium. His no Mark Cuban, but in a more mature, and classy matter. I would just like to say Thank you Chris, I am a big fan, and hope that this does not prevent you from either coaching or running a future team, no matter what, Golden State fans will always support you.
Zm@n

No comments:

Post a Comment